Monday 21 November 2011

Crude Oil Arguments

Are taxes or crude oil prices to blame for expensive petrol?
Feb 16th 2011, 17:50 by The Economist online

 PETROL prices have risen steeply in rich countries, triggering heated arguments about whom or what is to blame.

America’s energy department recently blamed a jump in petrol prices of 3.1 cents per gallon in the space of seven days on the political unrest in Egypt affecting crude oil prices.

Japan’s government blamed the high price of crude oil for its tenth weekly price increase at the pump.

The British government has given the same explanation for price increases averaging 15% in the year to January.

But with the oil price still at only two-thirds of its peak in mid-2008, this is not the only cause —as the three charts below show.


1 comment:

  1. You have good articles here! If anyone here looking for loan @ 2% rate in return to buy home or other financing needs, I want you to contact Mr Benjamin On 247officedept@gmail.com Also On Whats-App + 1-989-394-3740When I was introduced to Mr. Benjamin, I was entering the market as a first time buyer. Naturally,my needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions. Before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts. He was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward. I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process of Mr Benjamin loan offer. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories. I recommend him to anyone looking for loan. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely   

    ReplyDelete